Advanced Orthodontic Therapy
Following is a list of topics, which will be covered over the three days.
- Delta Force Bracket System
- Banding and Bonding Techniques:
- Direct and Indirect
- Forming Austenitic Arch Wires
- Retainers, Fixed and Removable Positioners
- Auxiliary Attachments:
Intra & Extra Oral Mechanics
Class II Bow and Class II Mechanics
Arch Wire Stops
Proclining Maxillary Incisors
- Modifications for Open Bites
- Class III Mechanics
- “Hands On” Typodont Exercise
(see enclosed information)
- Delta Force and A.L.F. Appliance combination treatment
- Heat Activated Nickel Titanium Palatal Expanders
- Critical Anchorage Cases
- Extraction Cases, Class I and Class II
- Extraction of Pre Molars and effect on Facial Esthetics
Air Rota Stripping
- Extraction Cases, Mid-arch or Terminal Arch
- Impaction Therapy
- Molar Uprighting
- Supernumerary Teeth
- Modern Dentistry – A Healing Profession?
As you can see from the Typodont Exercises below, there is something there for everyone, covering nearly every scenario you will come across when practicing fixed orthodontic therapy. Typodonts with bands and brackets are furnished Day 2 would also be an ideal opportunity to bring one or more of your auxiliaries, as trained Orthodontic nurses will demonstrate how they can be of enormous use to yourselves when bonding up patients. They will also learn how to do basic orthopaedic repairs.
You are also encouraged to bring to the course two cases with study models, cephalometrics, panarex and pictures, plus any on-going cases on which you would like Dr Truitt’s opinion.
Note on the Typodont:
A. Identification of bands and brackets
B. Lingual cleats on molar bands
C. Convertible buccal tubes (brackets) on 1st molar bands
D. Elastic hooks on 2nd molar bands
E. Gingival placed Headgear tube on maxillary 1st molar bands
- Chill and ligate .020 x .020 upper arch wire in standard triangle ligation.
- Chill and ligate .019 x. 025 lower arch wire for maximum anchorage, and ligate lingual cleats of 1st and 2nd molars with .010 ligature wire.
- Fabricate a Class II bow with stops and modify one side for an open bite.
- Tie kobie hook on UR3.
- Ligate upper arch wire for symmetrical anterior retraction.
- Place NiTi retraction spring UR6 to pendulum on UR3.
- Place a rotation wedge to correct mesial lingual rotated LR1.
- Place a loaded coil spring between LL2 and LL3 to correct dental midline.
- Tie power tubing to upper bicuspid to rotate the lingual of the tooth to the mesial-facial.
- Fabricate and place a sliding yoke on the upper left side for unilateral dental Class II.
- Place arch wire lock and molar distalising spring to distal drive LR7.
- Chain elastic lingual cleat UL6 to UL7 to correct a mesial palatal rotated second molar greater than 45 degrees.
- Treat a Class I, deep bite, division III.
- Burn anchorage on the upper arch with Class III elastics.
Book Online For June 2018 >
Or Call us on 0121 778 5494