Advanced Orthodontic Therapy
Following is a list of topics, which will be
covered over the three days.
September 27th - 29th 2013
- Delta Force Bracket System
- Banding and Bonding Techniques:
Direct and Indirect
- Forming Austenitic Arch Wires
- Retainers, Fixed and Removable Positioners
- Auxiliary Attachments:
Intra & Extra Oral Mechanics
Class II Bow and Class II Mechanics
Arch Wire Stops
Proclining Maxillary Incisors
- Modifications for Open Bites
- Class III Mechanics
- “Hands On” Typodont Exercise
(see enclosed information)
- Delta Force and A.L.F. Appliance combination
- Heat Activated Nickel Titanium Palatal Expanders
- Critical Anchorage Cases
- Extraction Cases, Class I and Class II
- Extraction of Pre Molars and effect on Facial
- Air Rota Stripping
- Extraction Cases, Mid-arch or Terminal Arch
- Impaction Therapy
- Molar Uprighting
- Supernumerary Teeth
- Modern Dentistry – A Healing Profession?
As you can see from the Typodont Exercises below, there is something there for everyone, covering
nearly every scenario you will come across when practicing fixed
orthodontic therapy. Typodonts with bands and brackets are furnished
Day 2 would also be an ideal opportunity to bring one or more of
your auxiliaries, as trained Orthodontic nurses will demonstrate
how they can be of enormous use to yourselves when bonding up patients.
They will also learn how to do basic orthopaedic repairs.
You are also encouraged to bring to the course two cases
with study models, cephalometrics, panarex and
pictures, plus any on-going cases on which you would like
Dr Truitt’s opinion.
Note on the Typodont:
A. Identification of bands and brackets
B. Lingual cleats on molar bands
C. Convertible buccal tubes (brackets) on 1st molar
D. Elastic hooks on 2nd molar bands
E. Gingival placed Headgear tube on maxillary 1st
- Chill and ligate .020 x .020 upper arch wire in
standard triangle ligation.
- Chill and ligate .019 x. 025 lower arch wire for
maximum anchorage, and ligate lingual cleats of 1st and 2nd molars with .010 ligature wire.
- Fabricate a Class II bow with stops and modify
one side for an open bite.
- Tie kobie hook on UR3.
Ligate upper arch wire for symmetrical anterior
- Place NiTi retraction spring UR6 to pendulum on
- Place a rotation wedge to correct mesial lingual
- Place a loaded coil spring between LL2 and LL3
to correct dental midline.
- Tie power tubing to upper bicuspid to rotate the
lingual of the tooth to the mesial-facial.
- Fabricate and place a sliding yoke on the upper
left side for unilateral dental Class II.
- Place arch wire lock and molar distalising spring
to distal drive LR7.
- Chain elastic lingual cleat UL6 to UL7 to correct
a mesial palatal rotated second molar greater than 45 degrees.
- Treat a Class I, deep bite, division III.
- Burn anchorage on the upper arch with Class III
Designed By: Triple O WebPage